Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yoda and The Mets.


Today, per ESPN, it is Star Wars sports day. They asked who is your sports Yoda, ok not on topic but I think its Phil Jackson.. He is very Yodaish in his way. But then I started to think, maybe the Mets problem is that Jerry is not sending them down the right path. Perhaps they need to have Yoda intervene, and I bet it would go something like this:

Mets: We can't hit the ball lately, Yoda! Whatever we are doing is not working.

Yoda: Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.”

Mets: But Yoda! We are trying!

Yoda: “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Mets: You really don't see it do you? We are trying but we are suffering! We can't hit the ball,we are barely holding on with our pitching, what do you suggest?

Yoda: Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Mets .. Mets. do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Mets, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Mets, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Mets.

Mets: Sometimes it might be easier if we were just all Yankees! Have you seen these Mets fans when mad they are scary!

Yoda: Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Mets: Yes, Yoda but what does it all mean? What are you trying to tell us?

Yoda: Feel the force!
Mets: Yoda, you are one smart old little dude but you have to tell me what do we do? How do we fix it? We have people who are depending on us!

Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Mets: Ok, Yoda, I think I got it.. You are saying be one with the ball, hit the ball, pitch the ball and we will succed right? I can't believe it

Yoda: That is why you fail

Mets: But Yoda.. dude. Come on, fail? that's harsh.. give me some wisdom?

Yoda: Named must your fear be before banish it you can.

Mets: So if we admit we are afraid of pissing off the people of NY, then what.. we will still fail?

Yoda: Not if anything to say about it I have

Mets: Will we ever get it right?

Yoda: The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.

Mets: There you go with the Darkside.. you know we are the Mets right? Not the Yankees!

Yoda: Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you

Mets: Wait. I am gonna be traded? What do I do? how do I fix it?

Yoda: Feel the force!

Mets: ok Yoda you win. I will trust the force. Thanks for the chat.

Yoda: May the force be with you.

See, that's all it would take.. now who wants to be Yoda :o)~

1 comment: