Monday, April 26, 2010

The Mets


Growing up, I was taught one thing about baseball and I learned it quick. We follow the Mets. The Mets are the only team for us. If there are any questions please see point 1 and point 2. I will admit that as times get tough, I get mad and I do curse them. Very often last season it was not uncommon to hear me scream at the TV about yet another bonehead play. Yet, come February, my body tingles with excitement. I know the day is coming close, I know that any day My boys of summer will be back on the diamond. Every thought about last year leaves, and well it is a whole new ball game. (Metaphorically and literally)


This year, we have so much to prove as a team. David Wright had a decent year in the field but a rough year with the bat. After last nights game, I am seeing the same can be said again. I am hoping that whatever it is that ails that poor guy he can recover from. We made a few changes, some that I agree with and others, er um not so much. I do know that I have questioned what Jerry Manuel is thinking putting Jose Reyes in the 3rd spot in the batting order. I think he will do fine but I really like the speed of him in the lead off position.

I like that Citi field lowered the fences some but to me it seems like a lot of the problems they mentioned previously are still problems.

Now with the complaints, come the good. We have taken the last two series. One of them on a sweep of the Braves. There are a few teams that taking the series and sweeping means more then others. In no particular order: The Yankees, The Phillies, The Braves, and in our house The Reds. (Ya all, I married a Reds fan.. but I swear that is his only major flaw!)

So, now as we reach to the start of the next series, we head to play the LA Dodgers and of course we are reminded:

There's no crying in baseball.... even if you are the Braves and just got swept by the Mets :oP

No comments:

Post a Comment